Waffles for Every Meal
· 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes thawed and drained
· 1 egg
· 1 TBSP olive oil
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 4 eggs
· 1/2 can whole black beans drained and rinsed
· 2 TBSP cilantro chopped, fresh
· 1 avocado sliced
· 1/2 cup salsa homemade or store-bought
1. Preheat KRUPS 4-Slice Non-Stick Waffle Maker to Level 5.
2. Mix potatoes, egg, olive oil and salt until well blended.
3. Once the waffle maker is preheated, place equal parts of potato mix on each of the 4 waffle maker squares taking care to spread the potatoes equally. The potatoes, since raw, may require several rounds of waffle maker cooking to ensure they are done to your desired crispness. [Since I like them crispy, I went 4 rounds.]
4. While the hash brown waffles are cooking, cook the remaining 4 eggs to your desired done-ness [we like over easy with runny yolks!]
5. When the hash brown waffles and eggs are done, place two waffles on each plate. Then, top each waffle with an egg.
6. Split the remaining toppings in half and top each plate with the beans, cilantro, salsa and avocado. Eat up!
Savory Shrimp Pops
· 1 cup baking mix (for example, Bisquick)
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
· 1 tsp ground coriander
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 24 large shrimp (cooked)
Spicy Cilantro Dip
· 1 large egg
· 2 TBSP avocado oil
· 3 TBSP lime juice
· 2 cloves garlic
· 1/2 cup avocado oil
· 1/2 tsp ground cumin
· 2 TBSP minced cilantro leaves (fresh)
· 7 finely diced jalapeno rings (pickled, jarred)
1. Preheat KRUPS 4-Slice Non-Stick Waffle Maker to Level 3.
2. Mix baking mix, milk, pepper, coriander, and cumin with a spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened. Dough should be slightly thick, allowing dough to stick to shrimp.
3. Place 2 shrimp on a wooden skewer and dip into dough ensuring both sides of shrimp are covered. Note: You can purchase cooked shrimp and simply thaw or can purchase raw shrimp and cook them until pink in an oiled skillet.
4. Place each shrimp pop in the waffle maker ensuring sufficient space to not have them touch once the waffle iron is closed. I placed one pop in each square and cooked them in batches. Each batch should take about 5 minutes.
5. While the batches of shrimp cook, make the dip.
6. Place the egg, 2 TBSP of avocado oil, lime juice and garlic in a deep bowl or mason jar. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Once smooth, keep the blender running and slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup of avocado oil until the mix is thickened.
7. Add the cumin, cilantro, and jalapeno and mix with a spoon until well incorporated. [If serving to kiddos or those that don't love heat, leave out the jalapenos.]
8. Serve pops with dip on the side and enjoy!
· 1 1/2 cups yellow corn meal
· 1 1/2 cups baking mix (for example, Bisquick)
· 3/4 cup milk
· 1 TBSP avocado oil (can also use vegetable oil, if desired)
· 3 eggs
· 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
· 1 pound ground beef
· 1 package taco seasoning (can also use 2 TBSP of homemade seasoning instead)
· Desired Toppings Diced avocado, diced tomato, cheese, sour cream, onions, cilantro, etc.
1. Preheat KRUPS 4-Slice Non-Stick Waffle Maker to Level 3 or 4 depending on desired crunchiness.
2. In a large bowl, mix corn meal, baking mix, milk, oil, eggs and chili powder until dry ingredients are well incorporated and moistened.
3. Pour half of batter over preheated waffle maker, and cook until indicator light notes "Ready to Eat".
4. While cooking the waffles, brown taco meat in skillet. Follow package directions if using store-bought taco seasoning. If using homemade seasoning, add 2 TBSP of seasoning and 1/4 cup of water to skillet once meat is fully browned. [Note: You can drain the meat at this point to remove some of the fat, but we like to keep it a bit saucy so usually don't.]
5. Place each waffle on a plate, top with taco meat, and add any desired taco toppings of your choosing. Eat and enjoy Taco Tuesday or any night of the week!
· 2 cups baking mix (for example, Bisquick)
· 1 1/2 cups milk
· 2 TBSP avocado oil (can substitute vegetable oil)
· 1 egg
· 2 tsp ground cinnamon
· 1 stick butter melted
· 2 TBSP ground cinnamon
· 2 TBSP granulated sugar
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Topping
· 1/4 cup butter softened
· 4 ounces cream cheese softened
· 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
· 1-3 TBSP milk optional
1. Preheat KRUPS 4-Slice Non-Stick Waffle Maker to Level 3 or 4.
2. Stir together baking mix, milk, oil, egg and cinnamon until dry ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Once preheated, pour half of batter evenly over 4 burners being careful not to overfill and ensuring the batter is spread evenly.
4. While waffles are cooking, melt butter and mix 2 TBSP of cinnamon and 2 TBSP of sugar. Pour butter into a shallow dish and cinnamon sugar mix into another shallow dish.
5. Once waffles are cooked, dip each waffle into butter then cinnamon sugar mixture on each side. Place on a plate and keep warm while other waffles cook and topping is made.
6. For topping, mix butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and cinnamon in a stand mixer. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 to 1 cup at a time to prevent mess and incorporate into cream cheese mixture. Once well mixed, add milk (optional) to reach desired consistency.
7. Top waffles with cream cheese topping and enjoy! You could also cut the churro waffles into strips and use the topping as a dip. Yum!