How to Ease the Anxiety of a Prostate Screening
Prostate screenings are an important part of men’s health and wellness. We’ll discuss why regular screenings are important, how to check yourself, and dispel myths about prostate cancer and screenings. Dr. Erik Castle is a urologist at Mayo Clinic and he's sharing some important tips on how to ease the anxiety with Pat McMahon on Arizona Daily Mix.
According to the American Cancer Society, in 2018:
- 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime.
- The average age at time of diagnosis is 66
- Prostate cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death in American men
- Regular prostate screenings save lives and offer no need for worry
- Prostate cancer can be a serious disease, but most men diagnosed with prostate cancer do not die from it.