Ready to try some great vegan cuisine?
November is National Vegan Month, and we are celebrating with recipes inspired by Saffron Road’s Crunchy Chickpeas and snacks.
Corn Salad with Avocado and Crunch Savory Chickpeas
• 2 cups fresh (or frozen) corn kernels
• 15.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• ½ cup cilantro, chopped
• 1 bunch scallions, sliced
• 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
• 1 avocado, cut into chunks
• 1 6 oz bag crunchy chickpeas (we used Saffron Road Korean BBQ)
1. Combine corn, beans, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl.
2. Divide among 4 bowls or mason jars. Top each bowl with avocado and chickpeas.
Serve. Or, if time allows, make salad and refrigerate at least an hour for flavors to meld then top with avocado and chickpeas.