Frank is running for State Senate. Learn more about him here.
Frank Schmuck cares deeply about Arizona’s future. That’s why he’s running for State Senate. As our next State Senator, Frank will work for common sense policies to improve Arizona’s education. He will lead the effort to strengthen Arizona’s economy and bring more jobs to our state. Most importantly, Frank will always put your safety first, and vote for policies that improve Arizona’s future while ensuring our state remains a great place to live and raise a family.
Frank is a military honors graduate of the Air Force Academy, a veteran, and a Captain for Southwest Airlines. Bilingual since childhood and the son of an immigrant Frank watched as his mother became an American citizen in our bicentennial year. Frank settled in Arizona after serving our country as a pilot in Operation Desert Storm. Frank and his family are active members of St. Andrew the Apostle Church in Chandler. They live in Tempe.
With deeps roots in our district Frank has an extensive record of charitable and civic involvement in our community. He has both the life experience and the real world understanding of the issues facing our district and our state. He hasn’t spent a significant portion of his career in politics, rather Frank has spent his career serving our country and helping others because he cares. As an education advocate, a community leader and a veteran, Frank is uniquely qualified to serve as the next State Senator in Legislative District 18 representing Ahwatukee, west Chandler, southwest Mesa and South Tempe.
- In 2005 Frank founded a Dollars for Scholars® chapter, which continues to provide scholarships, enabling public school graduates to continue their education at a college or trade school of their choice.
- In 2002 and 2003 Frank brought the Southwest Airlines Adopt-A-Pilot® to the Tempe Elementary and Kyrene School districts helping reduce teacher workload. Frank volunteers his time teaching students academics in the 5th grade classroom.
- In an effort to help teachers Frank recently created the “Love Your School” program to help Kyrene public classrooms with more school supplies.
- Frank was President and is a Hixson Fellow of Kiwanis Nuevo – a community service organization whose mission is “Serving the Children of the World.”
- Frank has chaired two charitable foundations; he has served on the Service Academy Selection Board for U.S. Senator John S. McCain since 2000; and, he authored an independent study that helped bring about rubberized asphalt on Arizona freeways reducing noise to surrounding neighborhoods.
- A life member of Temper Sister Cities and numerous other community organizations, Frank is also a lector and choir member at his church.
- Frank was awarded US Air Force’s Air Medal for flying much needed supplies to Israel under scud attack and rescuing wounded from the battlefield.
- Frank helped secure benefits and care for families of Gulf War Veterans diagnosed with ALS-Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
- In 2004 Arizona’s Governor inducted Frank to the Veterans Hall of Fame as the youngest living recipient for his contributions to our community and state.