Join Our Team
Below is a list of current job openings at AZTV
The only locally-owned station in the Phoenix Market, AZTV – The New Channel 7 is home to fresh, local shows, broadcasting daily what’s happening right here in Arizona. Home to the Arizona Daily Mix, AZTV has top talent including nationally acclaimed broadcast award winning Pat McMahon. Channel 7 puts an emphasis on making an impact in our community, especially working to help meet the needs of low-income families, as well as military families. Please include your name along with the job title in the subject line and send your resume to: email@example.com
MASTER CONTROL SUPERVISOR/ASSISTANT ENGINEER - PRESCOTT, AZ
- Manage daily operations of Master Control to ensure clean on-air product.
- Manage Master Control board operator crew – hiring, scheduling, payroll, training, etc.
- Cover all Master Control board operator vacation and sick day shifts.
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of Master Control equipment.
- Interact with clients and distributors to ensure quality of incoming content.
- Assist Chief Engineer with higher level engineering needs, including installation of new equipment.
- Assist with engineering needs of other departments – Traffic, Production, Sales, IT, Management, etc.
- Travel to remote transmitter sites for periodic inspection and preventive maintenance.
- Address building and facility maintenance as needed.
- General computer and IT knowledge.
- Ability to interact well with other people and departments.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities on short notice.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- 2 Year Associates Degree or equivalent experience in the broadcast field
- Familiarity with automation systems, broadcast servers, storage systems, transcoding, audio/video formats, video switchers, satellite dishes, satellite tuning.
- Familiarity with distribution services such as Pathfire, Pitch Blue, Extreme Reach, Comcast, OTS, etc.
- Familiarity with FCC rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with transmitters and RF systems.
- Training available in these areas if necessary.
KAZT is Arizona’s only locally owned independent TV station, serving Phoenix and Northern Arizona. We specialize in syndicated programming (game shows, talk shows and sit-coms) and local production. We have a studio-based morning show, but do not have a news department for hard news.
This is a salary position. Typical shift is 7am-4pm M-F but candidate must be able to work 24/7 as needed, including weekend and overnight board coverage. Position is on call 24/7 for any Master Control needs. Anywhere from 30% to 50% of the job in total will be covering Master Control board shifts, depending on varying vacation schedules and training needs. The remainder of the job is dedicated to Master Control daily operations and various engineering duties. While KAZT serves the Phoenix DMA, KAZT Master Control facilities and this position are based in Prescott, Arizona.
Position includes optional Health Benefits package and company match 401k program.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KAZT-TV is an EEO employer.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - PHOENIX, AZ
AZTV The New Channel 7 and Me-TV have an opening for an experienced Sales and Marketing Account Executive to sell local broadcast television, digital advertising solutions and non-traditional advertising solutions to local businesses and agencies.
Responsibilities include managing agency business, new business generation, client relationship building, proposal preparation and presentation to a diverse customer base. The position requires excellent communication, customer service, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be a people person who is responsible for developing large-scale new business clients and growing digital revenue! The candidate should have a minimum 2 years of media sales experience.
- Strong presentation and prospecting skills
- A successful track record in negotiating ratings and programs with clients
- Strong sense of urgency in developing new business and growing existing revenue
- Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Working knowledge of WideOrbit, ComScore and Media Audit is preferred
- Generate revenue across all available platforms
- Prospect and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
- Form strategic business and market partnerships
- Perform research analysis and qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
ABOUT AZTV THE NEW CHANNEL 7:
- Is the only locally owned television station in Phoenix!!
- Reaches more than 1.9 million homes on Channel 7 over the air, on cable and satellite.
- Is the home for top talent on Arizona Daily Mix @ 5a and 9a, including nationally acclaimed broadcast award winner Pat McMahon! For the politically minded, Mike Broomhead features issues facing the city, state and nation.
- Focuses on making an impact in our community, with an emphasis on helping meet the needs of children as well as military and veterans.
- Airs fun and entertaining programming every day, all day, including today’s top game shows Family Feud and Who Wants to be a Millionaire, along with first-run favorites Rachael Ray, Daily Mail TV, Access, and more. Also airs great comedies including The Goldbergs & Seinfeld!