Apache Junction Area Chamber of Commerce
Although the city did not incorporate until 1978, the Chamber was officially incorporated in 1960 and was located at 201 W. Apache Trail, which we know today as the Parkway Plaza. Sometime in the 1950’s, several Apache Junction businessmen decided to start a Chamber of Commerce. In June 1960, the Apache Junction Chamber of Commerce formed for the purpose of fostering and promoting social, economic, commercial, industrial, agricultural and civic interests of the area of Apache Junction and Pinal County, Arizona. The group appointed Ruby Forsberg as the first office manager. The Chamber “office” was a drawer in her desk at the company where she was employed. It is thought to have been either a real estate office or a Salt River Power office, unable to find a record of the company name. The Chamber office remained in Ruby’s desk drawer until 1980 when the chamber purchased a building at 1001 N. Idaho Road.