Toronto, ON / ACCESSWIRE / April 23, 2014 / The Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada (ECFA Canada), created to raise awareness of Equity Crowdfunding, is hosting the 2014 Canadian Equity Crowdfunding Conference tour. Events will take place in Toronto (April 24), Calgary (May 27), Vancouver (May 29), and Montreal (June 4). Chris Tyrrell, President/CEO of Offerboard and Chairman of CFIRA.org will be the featured speaker at the Toronto event.
“We are particularly honoured to have Mr. Chris Tyrrell speak at the event,” said Oscar A. Jofre, Founder & CEO, ECFA Canada. “He will give us a unique perspective on the state of US Equity Crowdfunding and related cross border dealings.
Chris Tyrrell is founder and CEO of OfferBoard, an investment platform that uses technology, big data and dating-style matching algorithms to help CEOs of growing companies raise capital and match investors with companies that interest them. OfferBoard’s proprietary, patent-pending systems leverage the technology and data of the Australian Small Scale Offerings Board, the world’s oldest small equities funding platform. Chris has more than 15 years of experience in entrepreneurship, financial law, technology and capital markets, having managed and founded two private technology companies and been involved in more than $20 billion of financing transactions. As an attorney, he specialized in asset-based finance at the Wall Street law firm of Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft. Before founding OfferBoard, Chris served as manager of Nehemiah Investments, a venture-focused family office in Princeton, New Jersey.
Chris is global advocate for crowdfunding, serving as chairman of CrowdFund Intermediary Regulatory Advocates (CFIRA), the leading advocacy organization for the securities crowdfunding industry in the U.S. He is a non-executive board member of the Australian Small Scale Offerings Board. He was also a delegate to the Third Global Entrepreneurship Summit.
Chris is a graduate of the University of Texas and the University of Virginia, School of Law.
Who should attend the events and how will they benefit?
– Issuers, including companies, startups, entrepreneurs and innovators that are examining fundraising options in Canada.
– Private investors, such as VCs and angels, who want to learn about opportunities for equity crowdfunding investments in potential high-growth enterprises.
– Equity crowdfunding platforms and portals that want to promote themselves in the country’s innovation and private-investment centres.
– Brokers and dealers who are interested in examining new investment options for their clients.
– Marketing specialists, legal advisers and accountants looking to better understand various fundraising options.
– Students interested in private investment or business marketing, or who are looking to finance new ventures.
– ournalists and business enthusiasts who want to better understand the equity crowdfunding landscape in Canada.
– Job seekers who consider equity crowdfunding a career opportunity.
Join us for the equity crowdfunding events of the year. Click here to register for The Canadian Equity Crowdfunding Conference tour. Space is limited!
About ECFA Canada
The Equity Crowdfunding Alliance is represented by companies and individuals with an interest in equity crowdfunding in Canada. ECFA Canada’s mandate includes supporting, educating and developing the equity crowdfunding industry in Canada.
ECFA Canada’s mandates include:
1. Educating the public, media and Canadian securities regulators about equity crowdfunding;
2. Guiding issuers and investors into equity crowdfunding and on to success; and
3. Working with funding portals, angel investors, venture capital firms, registered dealers and other capital markets participants in developing the equity crowdfunding ecosystem.
If you want to get involved in equity crowdfunding in Canada or find out more about The 2014 Canadian Equity Crowdfunding Conference tour, join ECFA Canada today at www.ECFAcanada.ca. ECFA Canada is transforming equity investing in Canada.
For more information contact:
Peter-Paul Van Hoeken, Co-Chair Events Committee, ECFA Canada, @ECFACanada on Twitter
SOURCE: The Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada